Monday, June 7, 2010

Reflection of the experience so far


I have been doing my practicum at the Laurel-Jones County Library for three weeks. In many ways, I have been able to confirm the fact that I want to be a librarian. One thing is the low-stress environment. Being that I have been instructed by my doctor to only work in such low-stress environments, I think this works out great.


There are however, some concerns like the amount of lifting, stooping, and bending. There is also a lot of repetition of tasks. These can get tedious. One example is when I processed the discard books. It was repetitive to scrape off the barcodes, stamp discard on page 89 of each book, when there were about 100 books to complete and the barcodes didn't want to come off easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment